Friday, February 20, 2009

It's AWESOME!

I had to hurry and post this before I completely forgot it. Last night Trevor decided that he was going to make dinner. He made our favorite hamburgers! We went to say our prayer and Kolten wanted to say it. We usually help him say them and he will say the last word of each sentence, but this time he kind of went off on his own. It went like this....

"Heavenly father, thank for day, thank for cheese (the cottage cheese on his plate), and milk, and hamburger, and chips. It's AWESOME! Thanks for family together forever. Name Jesus Christ Amen."

Trevor and I were trying so hard not to laugh during this prayer, considering he was just looking at his place and saying thanks for anything that he could see. But when he said it's awesome, we both had to turn our heads and laugh! This kid is hilarious! He is talking so well and actually putting things together. I can finally have a short conversation with him and he will tell me things that happened. I love being a mom, (well except for the 20 time-outs we have to do each day!)

2 comments:

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

So Sweet!!! I love when they start saying prayers...they say the CUTEST things hehe! Sometimes I wonder wonder what I would do if I didn't have my little boy...they have a way of always making you laugh:)

Jennifer Parcell said...

My blog just this morning showed that you updated, but i see it was actually a few days ago! Hmmm? So yes that is like the best thing ever when a coversation can take place! Nick and I still hold back the giggles when Conner prays. He is so funny and he knows it! And I agree it must be a boy thing!

Visits from my friends