Saturday, April 5, 2008
Our Fabulous Vacation!!
So we just got back from our CRUISE!! We had such a great time. We spent 5 days, 4 nights in bliss to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. The only way it could have been better is if Kolten was able to go with. Of course with our luck it didn't start out wonderful! On Monday when we left, the big snow storm wreaked havoc on us and with the roads being so bad we missed our flight to LAX. We then were flown into Las Vegas. While our luggage continued on to LAX we were placed on standby. Finally we were placed on a plane and when we got to LAX we hailed a taxi that we had to bribe to rush us to the pier. We got there just in time to check in and sail off! We went to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico. It was a little chilly, but not too bad. We loved the fact that you can eat whenever you want! The cruise ship had so many activities to participate in all the time and so we were never bored. I even helped judge the "Hairy Chest Competition." It was a blast! If you have never cruised, I highly suggest it! Thank you Kristina and kids for watching Kolten!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
WOW! That looks like so much fun! I have never been on a cruise... I really need to try that out one day hehehe:) Now you can give us all some advice on booking the perfect cruise vacation and stuff...:)
we're doing that same cruise next month... what activities did you do? Did you do them through the cruise and were they worth it??
Maddy,
In Catalina you don't really have to book your activities through Carnival, you could wait and see what you want to do when you get there unless you want to do a tour, then I would book it through Carnival. We originally wanted to go snorkeling but when we got there the water was freezing and so we did the semisubmersible submarine which was great. In Ensenada I would suggest booking something through the cruise line because there is not much when you get off of the boat to do on your own if you don't know the area. But you can always wait until you get on the ship to book your excursions because they are all still available then! You guys will have a BLAST!!
Jenn I wondered where you went? I thought, why is she not posting? Now I get it and I am so completely jealous. You two are so cute together! How fun to get away in warmth! p.s. I hear you on the pain thing! From the reverse side, I hate when you wake up from surgery and you have an adverse reaction to the medication and you tell them your pain is a ten and you are writhing in pain and they act like you said 4 not 10! It took three hours for them to give me medicine that worked. Demorhal. Plus I told them that Dr. Gaufin found out that Morphine and Dilodid are like giving me sugar water! They do not work!Weird huh? Anyway glad you are back and I love your pictures a ton!
Post a Comment